Age Guidelines for Applications
The table below indicates the year of birth for students in each year group. We expect that children from Hong Kong will join us in Pre-Nursery / Nursery and continue their education through to Secondary. Families joining from overseas will join in the year group according to their birth year. Some allowance can be made for children coming from different curriculums who were born in September to December.
|Year 7 (please contact ICHK Secondary School)||2011||2012||2013|
|Association Charges (non-refundable and non-transferable)|
|These charges are associated with International College Hong Kong Hong Lok Yuen Association Limited|
|Application Charge||$1,850 per child|
|Assessment Interview Charge||$800 per child|
|Capital Debenture||$70,000 per child|
|Annual Capital Levy||$17,500 per child|
The application charge is to be submitted with the application form.
The assessment interview charge is to be payable on acceptance of an interview.
The capital debenture is payable on an offer of a place. Enrolment becomes final only after the school has received the capital debenture. The fees are not refundable and not transferable if the family decides at a later date not to enrol the student.
The annual capital levy charge must be paid annually at the same time as the initial term’s fee unless a student starts in Term 3 when 30% of the capital levy is payable.
The annual capital levy and the capital debenture are to be used for capital development including the upgrading of school facilities to meet the standards expected by members of our school community.
|2022 – 2023 School Fees (non-refundable and non-transferable)|
|Pre-Nursery (3 afternoons a week||Part-time Nursery||Full-time Nursery to Year 6||Year 7 and upwards|
|HKD$||HKD$||HKD$||Please contact ICHK Secondary School|
|Total fee payable||22,620||74,950||130,250|
School fees and association charges are both payable as quoted in Hong Kong Dollars.
Fees are subject to approval by the Hong Kong Education Bureau.
- Fees are invoiced on a termly basis and are payable by the date marked on the invoice.
- Fees may be pro-rated according to the date of starting school.
- No reduction in school fees will be made for any absence.
- In cases of long-term distance learning the Extended Distance Learning Reimbursement policy will apply.
- Parents with financial difficulty in payment of fees should contact the Head of School in confidence.
- Monthly payments can be made on application to the Head of School. A surcharge may be applied.
- Reduction (10% discount) is available on School Fee for 3rd child if all educated at ICHK HLY and ICHK at the same time, (on application to the Head of School).
- The school supplies all stationery and textbooks. Exceptions are:
- School camps
- School uniform and accessories
- School bus charges (paid directly to the company)
- Student Support charges for individual children if deemed necessary (EAL Intensive charge is $4,500 per month, Special Needs Support Assistant is $206 per hour)
Withdrawal of Students from the school
A term’s notice must be given in writing or via email to the School Office.
|Date of Leaving||Notice Period|
|Leaving at the end of a term||Notice must be received, at the latest, on the first day of that term|
|Leaving during a term||Notice must be received by the first day of the previous term|
|Leaving during Term 1 (August-December)||
Leaving before or during mid-term break, notice must be received by the first day of the previous Term 3
Leaving after the mid-term break and before the last day of Term 1, notice must be received by the latest, on the last day of the previous Term 3